Hello, and welcome to MK Homes! My name is Kim Keith. My husband Matt and I started MK Homes in 2014 as a custom home building company that concentrates on certified green, energy efficient construction. We enjoy focusing on building a few quality homes at a time with the intent to customize each home to its family. Our goal for the end of each project is a unique home that functions efficiently and beautifully for the way its owner lives.
We do not have “stock” plans where the customer must pick package A, B, or C. We have examples of homes we have built that we can further customize for you. Some homes we have built in the past:
- The Totteridge is a cape-style home with an open main floor for entertaining and room for the whole family. The floor plan includes three to four bedrooms, with room for more, a main floor master suite, an attached garage and an open floor plan.
- The Pikewood is a rustic mountain-style home, designed to take advantage of the surrounding views from every room. It can be modified to accommodate any style or family size.
- The Chagrin Falls farmhouse-style home includes a main floor master suite and an expansive open floor plan that is optimal for entertaining. This home can be traditional or modern to suit the owner’s style.
- The Sunningdale is a traditional-style home with an open concept great room/ kitchen/ dining room and a main floor study or living room. The master suite is expansive with lots of closet space and room to customize the master bath to your desires. There can be 2 or 3 secondary bedrooms upstairs.
We build in several neighborhoods in Washington, PA and the surrounding areas.
- Totteridge Golf Course: This single family neighborhood is part of the Villages at Banbury on Totteridge Golf Course in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. The spacious home sites range from ½ to ¾ of an acre and have views of the course. Homeowners have access to amenities like a community center, a pool, and the golf course. Home Packages start at $380k. Packages include the lot and the well-appointed, move-in ready Energy Star 3 certified home.
- Howard Ridge: Howard Ridge is a private estate community consisting of just four 10-acre lots. Each lot is clean and green with beautiful views and the space to build your dream home. This neighborhood is in the Trinity School District, convenient to the elementary, middle and high schools, with easy access to I-70/I-79 and Washington. Home packages include the 10-acre lot and the move-in ready Energy Star 3 certified home, starting in the mid to high $400k range.
- Sycamore Reserve Community: Sycamore Reserve is a master-planned conservation community located in North Franklin Township. Home sites at Sycamore Reserve range from a half acre to over three acres. Care has been taken in the design and development of the community to work with the existing contours of the land in order to preserve the natural features of the home sites. There are 106 home sites planned for the 120-acre property, 85 of which are complete. Sycamore Reserve is located in the desirable Trinity School district and is minutes from the elementary, middle and high schools. Sycamore Reserve does not have a homeowner’s association or any related fees. The appearance of the neighborhood is instead guarded by protective covenants that are recorded with the deed of each home sold.
BUILD ON YOUR LAND
We are also a full-service “on your lot” builder. We can assist you with every step of the building process, from subdivisions and utility coordination/approval, through the construction of your dream home, to finishing touches like driveway install, landscaping and pools. We will also provide a detailed site work estimate and allowance before you start building so you can appropriately budget your needs and desires from the beginning.
The biggest driver of our home design and building process is the answer to one question- what are the needs and wants that your new home needs to fulfill? If you can prioritize your needs and wants we can design and build the home around those items. Everyone’s needs and wants are different, sometimes even within the same project! By starting with the desired end state (example- place to host large family dinners instead of dining room to fit 20 people) we can ensure that your new home efficiently works with your lifestyle so you can spend your time enjoying your home and, more importantly, your desired lifestyle.
If you’d like to speak with Matt and I about your dream home, call us at 724-206-9741 or fill out of the form below.